It’s January 5, 2020 and there is not enough snow for us to run our champion team on sleds. We’re still doing loops with the ATV. According to my log, since we’ve been in L’Amable (starting in 2015) here’s when we’ve gotten on the sled and the corresponding temperatures:
- Dec. 29, 2015 — 16F/-9C
- Dec. 12, 2016 — Not sure of temp– but the team was porcupined!
- Dec. 25, 2017 — 18F/-8C
- Jan. 6, 2019 — 10F/-12C
We sure are looking for some cold weather and snow!
In the meantime, the championship lineup is:
- Phanty: Champion Leader at 11 years old!
- Siren: Leads for 2 laps and then she screws around so I move her back with her penmate Ted
- Jack: Point — He’s pretty good in point, but likes to pee on trees. He’s a big dog and Phany does his best to pull Jack on-by
- Ted: Team — He likes to screw around when we leave the yard and when we make the turn after completing a lap. He’ll put his neckline in his mouth and look back & bark at Kraken.
- Moose: Wheel — He’s doing great in wheel. We have to go as slow as the Moose– as he’s not an Alaskan Husky but more of a freight pulling dog.
- Kraken: Wheel — He’s a steady boy in wheel.